Betting on sports can give you a huge amount of money if you know how to play it right. There are plenty of sports bettors who win and some are even making a good living off of it. In order for you to play like a pro, you need to know more about the tips and techniques on becoming one of the bettors who wins.
One of the most common sports that people make bets on is basketball. The NBA has definitely influenced a lot of people and even the betting community is going crazy about them. The most popular is the Sports Betting by CentSports. This is a very popular website that can give you hints and predictions about the games.
The Sports Strategies
When betting on sports, you have to be wise. You have to know the in and out of the games for you to better understand how to do it like a pro. To help you along the way, here are the best tips to help you improve your betting strategies.
- Bet Bigtime! Many are betting their entire bankroll on each bet. This is because when you are sure of your bets, the returns will be fast and huge! However, the downside of this is when you lose, you’re already out of funds. This is only applicable when you are 95% to 98% sure about your bets.
- The Fixed Wager. If you want to keep it safe, bet a fixed amount on each bet. For example, when you bet $100, you will get 55% chance of winning. This reduces your losing chances. The downside of this technique is that the increase of your winnings is very slow yet steady.
- The Martingale System. This is when you double your bet after a failed bet. This is to cover your losses when you win on the next bet. This will increase you fixed wagers faster. Remember that if you lose for a couple of times, always double your next bet amount. In this case, you will soon be at a point where your amounts to bet are large enough to cover for your losses.
- The Fibonacci System. This is when you bet when the probability is above 2.618. You can increase your stake using the Fibonacci sequence against your losses on your next winnings. The downfall of this strategy is somewhat similar to the Martingale System but is slowly reducing your stake while you are losing. However, this will also reduce your chances of winning.
- Proportional Betting. This is one of the most common betting techniques. This is where you bet just a portion of your bankroll using the Kelly Criterion formula. Your bet will be your edge which will be divided by the odds. For example, the edge is 10% and the odds are even, so that is 10/1 is 10.
According to many sports betting fans, the most effective out of these techniques is the Proportional Betting. This gives you a better advantage compared to the other systems. However, your choice might be different. This will also depend on the person’s’ preference. It is best that you do your research about these betting strategies to improve your winning streak!